Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, April 19, 2010

Did I Forget How to Drive a Car?

After having a c-section I wasn't supposed to drive for two weeks. So whenever we had to go somewhere Mike drove. After those two weeks were up I decided Olive and I would go to Target by ourselves. I was a little nervous. But we got in the car, just the two of us. I pull into a parking spot at Target all ready to do a little shopping. I put the car in park and go to turn the car off...and the key is stuck. My car won't turn off. I start to wonder if I have really forgotten how to drive. What was I doing wrong? I decide maybe I should drive around the parking lot and try again. No luck. I call Mike and he has no idea what is wrong. Then I call my mom and sister...by this time there are some tears flowing. They don't know what to do either. I drive to Lowes to let Mike look at it. Olive is being so good the whole time. Mike does a few things but nothing works. It is a Saturday at 5:00 and the next day is Easter Sunday. We can't find any car place that can help us out. Mike follows me home and I get on the internet to try to figure out how to turn my car off. After Mike has taken the whole steering column off he finally finds a wire the turns the car off. But the key is still stuck! On Monday we take it to the car dealership and find out it needs a new ignition system. Four days later we get our car back. I don't know what is worse, your car not starting or your car not turning off!

No comments:

Post a Comment