Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, April 16, 2010

Olive Grae...The Cutest Baby Ever

Okay...so I'm a little biased! 

Olive was born on March 18, 2010 at 1:52 pm.  She weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long.

Olive wasn't quite ready to greet the world but Mommy's blood pressure had other plans.  I went to the doctor for my 38 week check up.  And of course my blood pressure was high.  I'd been dealing with this for most of the pregnancy.  At first it was just white coat syndrome (doctors make me nervous), but then it kept getting higher.  So when I went to the doctor that Tuesday it was 150/111.  Yikes!  The doctor told us to go to the hospital so they could make sure the baby was ok.  Mike and I went home to get my bag just in case and then made our way to the hospital.  And it was a good thing we got the bag because we didn't come home until the following Monday.

There was magnesium, then pitocin, then a break, then pitocin again, and finally two days later a c-section and a beautiful baby girl.  I'll spare you all the gory details but I have to say the "mag drag" was no fun.  Thank goodness I have a sweet little baby girl to look at everyday and remind me it was all totally worth it.

1 comment:

Chris Bagley said...

She is pretty dang cute!!!

Post a Comment